ESTANCIA MUNICIPAL SCHOOLS BOARD OF EDUCATION
Mrs. Elaine Darnell -Vice PresidentMr. Lee Widner - SecretaryMrs. Kendra Otis - Board MemberMr. Kenneth Lujan- Board MemberDr. Cindy Sims - Superintendent of SchoolsDr. Cindy Sims - Incoming Superintendent of Schools (Effective July 1, 2019)"Good Schools Make Fine Communities Better."**Please see below "news" regarding changes to the September Meeting
- The BOE unanimously elected to reschedule the September 10, 2019 BOE meeting to September 17, 2019 to ensure a quorom.
- The Estancia Board of Education recognized three employees for their excellent service to the school district at the Board Meeting on May 14th. Milton Harbert has served as the district vocational/ag teacher and FFA Advisor for 8 years, and coached innumerable students to state championships in a variety of agricultural and FFA Creed contests. One of his winning teams was so successful, they have been invited to participate in an International Livestock Judging competition to be held in Ireland and Scotland this summer. Mr. Harbert spends his summers helping students get ready for showing at the County and State Fairs, going so far as to drive cross country to help pick up show animals. The Board also recognized Glenda Noblitt, a 24-year veteran who has served the district as a Teacher and Administrator. Ms. Noblitt was also recognized by the Public Education Department as an Exemplary Teacher in the fall of 2019 for her outstanding student learning scores as evidenced by her NMTeach Summative Evaluation. Finally, the Board recognized Karen Esquibel, a beloved community and 17-year staff member, who served both in the cafeteria and as custodian at the Lower Elementary. She was always actively looking for ways to ensure student safety, and knew the students by name. The District is very proud to celebrate the accomplishment and service provided by these excellent staff members:
- Save these important dates pertaining to the 2019 election on your calendar!
- August 27, 2019 - Deadline of 9:00am-5:00pm for filing declarations of candidacy with office of the County Clerk.
- September 3, 2019 - Deadline of 5:00pm to file Declaration of Candidacy for write-in candidate with office of the County Clerk & deadline to withdraw as candidate.
- October 8, 2019 - Absentee/early voting begins.
- November 2, 2019 - Last day to vote early
- November 5, 2019 - Election Day
- The Estancia Municipal School District Board of Education values your input and has elected to host a Public Forum Session at Regular Monthly Meetings. Just show up a few minutes early to submit your request to President Riley and make sure to follow the Public Forum Rules.
If you have any questions regarding the Estancia Municipal Schools Board of Education or are interested in being on the Board of Education Agenda, please contact Kelley Jimenez at (505) 384-2006 or email@example.com